Monday, October 16, 2017

Wahoo!

My biggest-ever (so far) design project is NOW A THING:



My book, Whitework: Accessories inspired by medieval illumination is now available for sale on Ravelry and Etsy, and soon (is the plan) on Loveknitting and Patternfish!

It contains an extra surprise that showed up in September: a tenth pattern. Originally the plan was to have nine patterns in the collection, because that's how many different accessory ideas I'd come up with. However, at the end of August, my team moved into a new office building, and it's REALLY FREAKIN' COLD there! So, in addition to the long-range plans to make myself a really beautiful thick cardigan (as soon as I can find The Perfect Yarn), I whipped up a pair of fingerless mittens, the design once again inspired by diapering patterns from illumination of the middle ages:


Meet Vignay, which works up pretty quickly and is very nice to look at, if I say so myself. My hand model was so taken with them that she voiced her desire for a pair of my own, and it took me just a few days to oblige:


Besides this surprise last-minute addition, I've also released the last two designs from the collection. Firstly, there's Lavagna:




I've made two of these so far, one in the medium size and one in the small size for my middle daughter (I am helpless in the face of these lovely children who admire my knitting and wistfully wish for their own versions out loud).

(Please ignore the desperately messy bedroom in the background. It is mine and I am hopeless at keeping it clean.)

And I don't know what it is about this pattern, but I find it to be super-fun, and a very quick knit, too.

Finally, just released today, is a felted bag, Valois:


It comes in two sizes - this is the smaller one. The larger size is about 30% bigger in each dimension.

I think the thing I like best about this collection is how proud I am of each design in it. I really do love them all. I had a great time thinking this all up and putting it together, and I hope knitters will have a really good time making them for their own.

No comments: