Saturday, July 09, 2016

The purpose of blogging

I think I need to give up on this blog as a project tracker. That's what I started it for, but that was in 2004 (!!!), i.e. the pre-Ravelry days. Since Ravelry came along and I started recording all my project details there, it's been harder and harder to keep up with the blog, because I don't really have the time (or inclination) to record everything twice.

So instead, I think I'm going to start using this blog to talk about knitting techniques, pattern releases, and maybe some silly stories of my knitting life that won't fit in 140 characters. Plus maybe finished photos of projects that I really want to share.

Speaking of which, here's a parade of FOs since my last blog post...

100th birthday present for my grandmother
Pattern: Anatolia by Barbara Gregory
Yarn: Circulo Anne
A series of kippahs for DD1's beau, who was bar mitzvahed in January:

 
 

In order, we have the Tardis kippah, the kippah with the young man's Hebrew name on it, and a Dalek kippah. (As I'm sure you can tell, he's a Doctor Who fan.) All of them were adapted from the Basic Knit Kippah pattern by Jennifer Tocker.

Welcome-to-the-world baby gift for a family friend
Pattern: Summer Pelisse by Rene Dickey
Yarn: Schachemayr SMC Catania
Sweater for MEEEEEE!
Pattern: Sotherton by Kathleen Dames
Yarn: Katia Merino Mix
Birthday gift for DD2
Pattern: Reaverse Star Edition by Rea Jarvenpaa
Yarn: Various acrylic worsted, including Caron Simply Soft Brites
Christmas gift for my brother
Pattern: Seanair by Judith Brodnicki
Yarn: Patons Canadiana
Baby gift for first-cousin-once-removed's first child
Pattern: Dr. Quackers by Lizzy-Knits
Yarn: Various
Vest for me
Pattern: Rose Trellis Shawl Vest by Vera Sanon
Yarn: Nova Sock Print
Father's Day gift for DH
Pattern: Hat-heel sock by me
Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-Ply
Farewell present for co-worker
Pattern: Jayne Cobb Firefly Hat by SmarieK
Yarn: Cascade 220 and 220 Superwash
I also came up with a new sweater design in celebration of DD1's birthday, and will probably be submitting it somewhere in the early fall. I kind of really really love this one, and have high hopes for an acceptance. Fingers crossed!

No comments: