Friday, December 31, 2010

I've been Harlotted

Every year, I take the profits from the sales of my KWB/TSF Hat pattern and donate them to Doctors without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières. I then email the Yarn Harlot with the amount I donated, as part of her Knitters Without Borders/Tricoteuses Sans Frontières project.

kwbtsfhatc-3

Some time ago, I offered the pattern to the Harlot for the "karmic balancing gifts pool". (Every so often, she randomly picks a few of the KWB/TSF donors to receive gifties that others have donated.) I figured that if she mentioned the pattern on her blog as part of the karmic balancing gifts draw, it might generate more sales, and therefore, more money for MSF.

kwbtsfhat-rev

Well, about a week and a half ago, she did just that, and I'm very pleased to report that sales shot right up. I've sold way more of that pattern in the last ten days than in the entire two years before that.

So...squee! :)

kwbtsfhatk

What this means is that, in addition to the $88.03 I was able to donate earlier in December, I've been able to make a second and larger donation today, of $349.70.

kwbtsfhatk-rev1

Thank you everyone for your support! And if you're wondering how to hop onto the bandwagon...

No comments: