Saturday, November 11, 2017

Helping by example

My friend Nicole, who has been teaching herself to knit continentally, tweeted the other day about her hatred of the continental purl. In an effort to help, I promised to show her how I did it at our next knit night together; and another knitter/designer, Michele Kelsey, wrote that she'd like a demonstration, too. Well, Michele is in Oklahoma, so she certainly wasn't going to getting out to a Toronto-area knit night anytime soon! :) Thus, I put a video together for her - and anyone else - to see how I do it:


I'm sure other continental knitters have their own way of doing purl stitches, but to my mind, the more options you have at your disposal, the easier it is to figure out how your fingers can do it in a way that is most comfortable for you.

So there you go!

1 comment:

LoveWIPS said...

Great tutorial! So clear and so easy to follow...great pace! Thank you - I will be sharing this with my group. Make more!!