- Sent off a pattern proposal
My fingers are crossed really hard.
- Worked on socks for my brother
They're hat-heels, only this time, I think I have finally perfected the way to do the gussets so that a) they're stretchy; b) there are almost no stitches to pick up for foot and leg; c) the whole starting-the-foot-and-leg process is way less fiddly; and d) the gusset edges look tidy when the sock is all done.
I'll be providing a write-up of the new process at some point.
- Worked on test-knitting the Yacht Club Skirt
- Worked on my brother's Christmas gift blanket
Four blocks completed there, and working on the fifth.
Recently I had the brilliant idea that, since the whole thing was garter stitch, everybody in the family could get in on the action - husband, older daughter, even my younger daughter if I held her hands through a few stitches. And then not only would the whole thing go faster (since it wouldn't just be me working on it), but it could be a gift from the whole family, and then I could give him the socks (mentioned above) which would be just from me. And suddenly we would have most of my brother's gift-giving all taken care of. (He's challenging to buy for.)
Alas, my older daughter shot this idea down completely. When I floated the idea of her doing some of the knitting on the blanket, she was absolutely adamant that she didn't want to. Which, now that I think about it, is odd. She's an extremely enthusiastic and considering sort of person; it's very unusual for me to get a point-blank refusal with an accompanying distasteful expression right off the bat. So she must really not want to do it. Rats.
- Thought about the rest of the Christmas knitting
- I'm thinking a Kilkenny sweater for BIL#2, from the yarn I got last Christmas from BIL#1. (Don't think that's a big dis of BIL#1, though - he told me when I unwrapped it that I wasn't allowed to use it for a sweater for him.)
- Inside-out socks for BIL#1, using some self-striping sock yarn I've got in a blue/green/white colourway, and maybe a second pair out of a cream/khaki sock yarn I also have kicking around in the stash
- Socks for DD1, from a turquoise self-striping yarn in the stash
- Socks for DD2, from the same turquoise self-striping yarn
- Socks for my dad - maybe some more nice black dress ones; or maybe I'll do a fun extra fair isle pattern on the gussets using dark green. He appreciates artistic details like that. Hm...
- Something (don't know what) for whomever DD1's teacher will be
- Finally finish the two pairs of cotton socks I've had going for my mom for ages