Santa was good to me this year.
Here you see the following:
- a German knitting gauge that is FANTASTIC - it has all sizes on it (including 2.5mm and 3mm!) up to 10mm
- the 2008 Knitting-Pattern-A-Day calendar
- earmuff earphones to replace the ones I got last year that I lost a few months later (yes, it is knitting related...I use them to listen to knitting podcasts in the wintertime)
- the pattern for The Princess Shawl
- Arans & Celtics: The Best of Knitters Magazine
- The Sentimental Journey Collection
- three balls of Sirdar's Baby Bamboo yarn
- pom pom makers
- a ball of Trekking XXL
- a ball of Schoeller & Stahl Sockina Colori
- a hand-crafted 'luv 2 knit' brooch
- little plastic spiral coils to keep your knitting needles together, in two sizes
- a kit to make the Paisley Long Shawl, in 'ruby'
- a package of Knit Klips
Also, my wonderful husband surprised me ONCE AGAIN with his knitting prowess. As I think I've mentioned here before, I'm teaching him how to do socks. He bought himself a nice Regia Jacquard (a very nice self-striper with some self-patterning flecks in there too), and has been following my instructions for a top-down sock (with flap heel). He's been making excellent progress, so I figured there was NO WAY he could also be working on secret Christmas knitting, because the sock I was watching him make was growing so fast.
I was wrong.
It feels great on my foot so far.
Actual knitting reporting to follow in the next post...stay tuned to find out exactly how far in advance of Christmas I finished the Christmas knitting; how everyone liked their knitted presents; which project turned out to be too big; which project turned out to be too small; and probably also my knitting plans for next year.
Hope your holiday season is going great!