Tuesday, September 01, 2015

New baby blanket pattern!

I had a new pattern come out a few weeks ago, this time from Knit Picks.

(c) 2015 Knit Picks, used with permission

It's called "Cervelli", and it was inspired by a very good friend of my brother's, who had his first child a few months ago. I decided I wanted to design the baby something, and - tadah! - this pattern was born.

Closeup of motif

It's worked in the round from the centre-out, using stranded knitting for the motifs. Finished size is about 34" square.

The whole thing, birds-eye view!

I've made two of these now - the original gift and the sample you see above, and it knits up fairly quickly for a stranded blanket, I think. And it's fun. And it works great with all kinds of colours.

The original!

If you like it, you can go ahead and buy!

2 comments:

Baby Insider said...

It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a blog site, which will be valuable meant for my knowledge. Thanks admin.

J Leek said...

It looks cute too. Waterproof material looks good.