Thursday, February 06, 2014

Tiny and sweet

I'm very pleased to announce that I have a three-pattern set in the latest issue (#31) of Knit Now magazine!

Darling baby set

© Rachel Burgess for Practical Publishing

It's called "Darling", and it's something that happened when I was fooling around with a bunch of motifs about two years ago. I came up with the idea for scratch mittens using a combination of lace, bobbles and a texture motif.

I pitched the mittens to the magazine, and they came back with a positive answer, and asked if I could also do a matching bonnet and booties? Okay, then! I guess I could!

In hindsight, I'm super glad they asked for a whole set, because I think I might actually like the bonnet and booties more than the mittens. Not that I think the mittens suck, of course, :) but I just love how the bonnet turned out; and I'm so jazzed about the motif detail I was able to put on the back of the heel flap and the top of the foot for the booties. For anyone who's curious, I was sent some Debbie Bliss Rialto 4Ply to do the samples with, and I liked the yarn very much indeed.

Knit Now is published in the UK, so if you're in North America it's going to be tough to impossible to get your hands on a copy anywhere local. However, thanks to the magic of the Internet, you can buy a hardcopy or buy a digital copy all from the comfort of wherever you happen to be at the moment.

No comments: