Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Bit by bit

So I've been doing a lot of knitting lately. So much that I've let weeks go by without blogging about it all because it would take a lot of time to get all the photos and writeups together to update the blog. Of course, the problem with that is that things only get worse as time goes on and more knitting gets done! So I have ditched the idea of doing a single massive projects update and will instead take the update in post-by-post bite-sized chunks.

Firstly though, I have to give a hearty clap to whiteroses, who posted in the comments with an even more insane holiday knitting gift list than I have. Best of luck to you with all of that!

And now, on to some updates...

DD2's birthday is tomorrow. Thanks to my handy habit of snagging gifts when I happen across good ones throughout the year, we already have some nice gifts to wrap up for her. But I thought it would be nice to do a little knitting for her, too. So in the last few weeks I've been whipping up some hairbands. This was a great idea, not just because DD2 loves hairbands, but because it is a fantastic way to use up little bits of leftover yarn.

Headband #1:

Completed, 'in action', right side view


Completed, 'in action', front view


Completed, 'in action', left side view

(Sorry for the blurriness. Night shots.)

This is the Smidge Headband, by Angela Tennant. Fabulous way to use up sock yarn leftovers.

Headband #2:

Completed

I fully expect her to adore this one. It's A Very Regal Crown, by Kayleigh Willey.

Headband #3:

Completed


Completed, 'in action', side view


Completed, 'in action', top view

This last one is wishbraid, by Erika Neitzke. I modified this a bit - didn't use the icord string, just worked the main cable pattern until I ran out of yarn, and then did a three-needle bind-off with the cast-on edge to join. I'm a bit nervous that it won't be quite big enough, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see about that.

1 comment:

whiteroses said...

Thanks :) I've managed to knock out two people off the list. :)