The frantic knitting for multiple magazine deadlines is all done (at least for now; fingers crossed that there will be more of that in the near future) and I have emerged from this panicked jag to discover that Christmas is only three months and three days away.
Things are looking grim. On my list are: (Family members, LOOK AWAY NOW PLEASE!)
- Durrow sweater for DH, and I don't actually know if I'm going to have enough yarn to finish and may end up having to knit the sleeves from the beginning for a third time
- Morgan hat for my dad, which I recently discovered was way too small and I'm going to have to rip it all out and redo it more loosely; and I probably don't have enough yarn to do that
- Two pairs of socks for my mom
- Inside-out socks for my older BIL
- Socks for my younger BIL
- Hat for my brother
- Legwarmers for DD2
- Secret Garden cardigan for DD3; and once again, it looks very much like there will be a yarn supply problem and there is probably going to be a lot of reknitting to be done
- Something for DD1 so she doesn't feel left out because her sisters got handknits and she didn't
- Something for DD1's dance teacher
- Something for our daycare provider
- Mittens for DD2's teacher
- Something for DD1's teacher
I'd also like to do something for my niece, but I think that list is already quite insane enough. I may in fact drop the socks for my younger BIL to save my sanity. This makes me feel horrible since he is a very appreciative and deserving handknits recipient, but something may have to give.
Good news, though - today I finished one of the pairs of socks for my mom:
And on Friday, I started the socks for my older BIL. So that's something. I really, really need to get going on the rest of it though. Where I'm going to find the time to do the remaining five designs for my 12-in-12 challenge, though, is another question. I suspect I'm going to be combining at least one of the designs with one of the Christmas gifts - the one for DD1's teacher seems a likely candidate. Ooh, and I just realised I could probably do a design for the dance teacher's gift, too.
Also on the upside, I did finish one potential distraction project:
Dammit. Now I want pie.