Thursday, August 30, 2012

Digging through the mountain

Thanks for the encouragement from my last post! Things are going sort of okay, but the stress is still high.

  • Getting the kids ready for school:
    • The new bus schedule for the 2012/13 year is up, and DD1's new bus stop and pickup time work well with when and where I have to be in order to catch a shuttle bus to the commuter train station.
    • Still have to get DD1 to try on all her pants to see which ones fit and which ones don't, and from that, whether we need to do any shopping for her.
  • Me going back to work:
    • I hit a 50% off sale at Value Village on Monday and made out like a bandit. I love my new work wardrobe, although I still have some pants hemming to do because I have short little legs.
    • I'm hoping to get out tomorrow morning really early to the commuter train station to cash in one of my old-style tickets from before my mat leave and get one of the snazzy new PRESTO cards.
    • DH and I moved the crib out of our room and into the nursery. I also rearranged the furniture in the nursery, too, and I really like the new setup. So far, the transition to the nursery is going well, which is to say that DD3 sucks just as badly at sleeping in the nursery as she did in our room. (Sigh.)
  • Sadly, the daycare situation with DD3 is going badly. She cries most of the day, apparently. :( This doesn't actually seem to be traumatizing her - she doesn't cling to me desperately when I pick her up, or refuse to let go of me when I need to buckle her in her car seat, or get all velcro-y on me when I get back home...it's just that she really doesn't like the fact that I'm not with her all day and expresses that displeasure constantly. Great. Oh, also, she (and DD1) have picked up a cold from the other little boy in the daycare and last night was a nightmare.
  • The design proposal deadline I mentioned last time is coming up fast, but I'm making decent headway so far - surprising, since I've screwed up and ripped back a whole bunch of times.
  • Sample for one of the upcoming submission deadlines is also going okay, but there's still a lot of work to do. Happily, I seem to be done for the other deadline, pending any change feedback from the editors.
  • Columnist application deadline...MADE!
  • DD3's birthday...DONE! It was lovely.

  • The other things I have in mind for my 12-in-12 challenge can bloody well WAIT until life calms down.
  • Did I mention DH and I still haven't done our 2011 taxes? Which need to be in by September 30 if we want to file electronically? Gah.

No comments: