Friday, April 06, 2012

About fuzziness

So margieinmaryland commented on my last blog entry that she enjoyed the back view of my baby daughter's fuzzy head. Which prompts me to respond:

Margie, you have no idea. :)

I am the parent of three children, and have been at this mothering gig since 2003, and yet, it is only recently that I have discovered the joys of the fuzzy baby head. For example, I took this shot a few days ago:

2012-04-03: Maryam loves Sean

(Yes, I know. Be still my beating heart.)

But, heart-rending sweetness of a daddy and his baby aside, that's one fabulously fuzzy head, right?

Now compare it to the heads of my other two children at around the same age.

DD1:

2003-12-22

DD2:

2007-11-19

I think the pictures speak for themselves. I have never realised how fabulous fuzzy-headed babies can be because I've never had one before. Both my older kids came out with serious thatches that only got fuller in very short order. But DD3's head came out merely downy, is taking its sweet time growing in, and man, I am loving it. I rub her head frequently for the sheer fuzzy joy of it.

But...oh yes...this is supposed to be a blog about knitting, isn't it? Well, I've been doing lots of that, although I have no photographic evidence for you. Firstly, DD2's birthday Sweetness top is coming along very well indeed - it's all done except for the straps and the weaving in of ends. I had no problems finishing it off with enough pink to spare - in fact, right now I'm trying to figure out if I have enough pink to do the i-cord for the straps.

My Elizabeth of York vest has seen some action here and there.

I'm also working on a new design that I am seriously LOVING. Right now I'm doing a bunch of samples to tweak the sizing to come out exactly right. I will definitely be submitting this one somewhere and I have great hopes for it. I also took a look at the Twist Collective mood board for their upcoming Winter issue, and I do have something I was working on a while back that seems to fit the theme. Can I come up with a full proposal in ten days? Aiee. Not sure about that one, we'll have to see. I should definitely try, though, as my 12-in-12 challenge stalled out after just one design submission in January!

2 comments:

Peyton VanWinkle said...

Oh I cab totally relate, both my siblings that I remember as babies had full heads of hair, so I never got to experience fuzzy baby head until I felt the head of one of my friend's siblings.

Anonymous said...

Oh but I DO have an idea!

Both of my sons were fuzzy-headed babies. Seeing DD3's head brought back memories (they're teens now)
margieinmaryland