Saturday, February 18, 2012

Double the knitters, double the wardrobe

I was right.

Gift Ljod from my husband

That is my anniversary gift from my husband: a red Ljod cardigan.

IKR?!? I can't believe it, either. And the icing on the cake?

Completed, 'in action', front


Gift Ljod from my husband, 'in action', front


Completed, 'in action', back


Gift Ljod from my husband, 'in action', back

It fits way better than the one I made.

I would like to point out a few things. Firstly, this is his first sweater/cardigan ever. Secondly, it's a very involved pattern, with shaping happening all over the place at different times. It was written by Elsebeth Lavold, whose instructions are often confusing in at least a few spots. Furthermore, he altered the pattern a bit as he thought appropriate in order to make it fit me.

I don't know about you, but I find all that compared with how great the cardigan looks to be pretty gobsmacking.

Possibly the best part was that we spent a fair bit of time on our anniversary comparing the two projects, agreeing on where the pattern instructions leave something to be desired, and just basically knitgeeking all over the place. :)

Is it any wonder I've been married to this man for eleven years?

Completed, button detail

No comments: