Friday, October 21, 2011

Me, me, me

Yesterday was my birthday! :)

As a treat to myself, I indulged in some purchases. Firstly, my LYS just got in some Kauni last week. (JOY!!!) So I snarfled some. It was really hard to decide, but I settled on this:

Kauni down the middle

I also picked up this - it's not really a splurge, because its purpose is to be part of a sample piece I'll be submitting to a magazine, so technically it's a business purchase. But hey, it always feels lovely and decadent to buy more yarn:

On Your Toes Bamboo, coral

It's "On Your Toes Bamboo" from S. R. Kertzer, in a coral/salmon sort of colour.

And finally, I went to the Lettuce Knit knit night this week, and picked up the Yarn Harlot's new book. (I've already read it all. It's funny.)

Then there were the gifties!

Firstly, my husband could hardly fail to notice that I was going on and on about Kauni lately, so he got me some more, happily in one of the colourways that I was seriously considering when I bought the other one:

Kauni 8/2 EM
(this picture doesn't do the darkness and richness of the colours justice)

And my daughters gave me this:

Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace

That's "Silky Alpaca Lace", from Classic Elite Yarns, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but it's verrah nice. :)

Oh, and also:

2011-10-16: Alia & Maryam smiling at each other while Elizabeth focuses on the camera

Next up: the rest of the double knitting rib tutorial!

1 comment:

Knitika said...

Happy birthday! and nice bday acquisitions!