Part 2 of the double knitting rib tutorial is not ready yet, as I still have to do the sample knitting and photography for all the visuals. While you're waiting, though, I have lots of good knitting progress to report on.
- Double knitted hat for BIL1
- Done! I ended up doing the other blue colour around the front. I don't think you can really tell. Or if you can, it looks more like shadow than "Hey, why is that bit there a different colour?"
- Yarn measurement sample
- This is coming along great. Unfortunately, that's all I can say.
- Ruby for DD1
- Lots of progress here!
- Calm Waters Cowl for Ms. Quan
- I did a Ravelry search for neckwear that I could do with about 130 yards of worsted weight yarn (the amount I have left of my red cascade 220), and then winnowed it down to those patterns that looked like stuff I would actually want to knit. Then I ran the list by DD1. She instantly latched on to Sara Amoroso's "Calm Waters Cowl", she really liked it. So last night I got started...and this morning I finished up the knitting. It's a lovely, fast knit. All I have to do now is sew on buttons, weave in ends, and block it. I don't have a picture of it yet, but I'll take some shots when it's done.