Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Motoring along at a good pace

Lots of good knitting progress going on these days.

Maria Sings for DD1
Finished!

from the front:
In progress, front

from the back:
Completed, back being worn, from the front:
Completed, 'in action', front

being worn, from the back: (the peace signs were totally her idea)
Completed, 'in action', back

endearing photoshoot outtake:
Completed, action shot

Parfait for Shoshana
Went to my LYS this weekend and picked up the yarn, and got started:

In progress, 2011-06-21

Midwife gifts
I think I have made some decisions.

For the woman I think is going to end up being the primary midwife present at the birth, I will be making Frilly Scarf by Tove Backhammar, out of some of my light brown Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed from the stash, which I picked up at a super sale a few years back from The Studio's online store (which is staffed by unbelievably nice people, if my shopping experience was any indication):

stash-silkytweed

For the other member of my primary care team, I will be making the Colonnade Shawl by Stephen West, out of some more yarn picked up at that same sale from The Studio, this time Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran:

stash-kashmiraran
(the colour there is unfortunately not too accurate - it's actually lighter and less pinkish)

And finally, whoever shows up as my backup midwife at the birth will be receiving the Brambles Beret by Amanda Muscha, in I-don't-know-what-still-need-to-figure-that-one-out. I'll probably go stash-diving once again because I'm getting a real "wow, I'm being so responsible" kick these days about working through the stash.

No comments: