Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More about the socks

Here is the completed pair:

Completed

I know the leg part looks ridiculously skinny because the ribbing "slucks" it in, but this photo shows off the cabling a lot better than the one in my last post (let's hear it for natural daylight), so I thought I'd put it up here.

They were finished just in time. They would have been completed a lot sooner, but my time on Father's Day was seriously dominated by chores and family things, so I couldn't achieve my usual rate of panic knitting productivity. Liz was curious to know how long it takes me to do up a pair of socks. I've never timed myself, so I'm not completely certain. However, I have a general sense that it takes me about 10-12 hours for a pair of adult socks. When I'm on an easy, straight part like the foot or leg, I've noticed that I can get an inch done in about 15 minutes. I believe I'm a fairly fast knitter. I timed myself once and did 25 stitches in 20 seconds; and then did a round of 64 stitches in 59 seconds.

Incidentally Liz, yes, I'd be interested in that link for the video of doing nupps with a crochet hook, can you share?

No comments: