Friday, May 28, 2010

Sigh

Remember this?

Completed

My Olympic knitting project? Which I'd been planning for ages? And love how it looks?

Well, it turns out that it was not destined for me. Today was the last day for my children's daycare provider - after about two years with her, she's had to stop doing homecare, and my kids will be starting with other arrangements next week. But she's been wonderful, we've been so lucky with her, and I wanted to get her a really nice present as a thank-you.

This shawl immediately leapt to mind. It's just exactly right for her, I thought. And honestly, I don't wear shawls that much. The thing's just been sitting in my workroom folded up since the Olympics ended. This way, it might actually see some use and be properly loved. I certainly hope so.

2 comments:

Liz of Wool Boutique said...

That's a shame, but at least it will be going to someone who you think a great deal of and hopefully it will be cherished.

It's a beautiful shawl.

Knitika said...

Very kind of you to give it a new home. It's beautiful!