Friday, February 19, 2010

Olympic fever

As I've mentioned, I'm doing the Paisley Long Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting as my project for both the Knitting Olympics and Ravelympics. Which means, of course, that I've been knitting nothing else since 6pmPT last Friday. (Although before that, I got far enough on the new Baby Surprise Jacket to realise that I was toast in terms of having enough yarn. Kept going, though. What can I say - sometimes optimism gets out of hand.)

Ready to go!
All ready to go!

In progress, 2010-02-14
On Valentine's Day

In progress, 2010-02-17
On my wedding anniversary (the 17th)

In progress, 2010-02-18

On the night of the 18th

And as of the end of my morning commute today, I was just two rows away from casting off the first half of the shawl. Which means I'm making good time. I think it looks terrific - inasmuch as delicate lace that hasn't been blocked yet can look terrific, of course. Very pleased. The pattern - as always with the Fiddlesticks stuff - is clear and easy to follow.

In the midst of all this, I was lucky enough to get some stash enhancement! DH gave me sock yarn for our anniversary:

Yarn: Fortissima Socka, 1003/26567

I plan to use it to test-knit a sock pattern. Glee!

(Lots of red in these photos today, eh? Go Canada!)

No comments: