Monday, September 14, 2009

Heading things off at the pass

There's a problem coming. I can see it. So far, it looks like this:

The current collection

What you are looking at are all the Webkinz toys currently living in our house. Now, relatively speaking, this is not a lot of toys. However, I just know that this is merely the beginning of the collection. It's only going to get worse, and we are going to need a place to put them all. However, there really is no extra space for more toy storage (hahaha, I say that like there's actually ample space for the toys we've already got), plus, it would be nice if they could be displayed, as opposed to purely being stored somewhere that you can't see them.

Enter an idea: the toy hammock. Such as this one, which you mount in the corner of a room and then just dump the toys into it. Perfect!

The problem is that the colour scheme in DD1's bedroom is red, light blue and cream, with light-coloured wood, and a white toy hammock would look quite off. Of course, these things don't seem to come in anything other than white, so I'm screwed, right?

Wrong!

In progress, 2009-09-14

I'll make the pattern available when I'm done.

(I figured you could use a break from the sock parade. But don't worry, it'll be back.)

2 comments:

TracyKM said...

I'd be tempted to use much bigger needles, and double yarn overs. Webkinz aren't tiny. I was just thinking last week we needed a toy hammock too, this might be a good option for us!

Anonymous said...

I think you should just buy a bigger house. ;)