Besides mine, there are twenty-one other designs in the latest issue of Knitty, so I figured I'd write a bit about which ones I covet the most.
- This graces the cover, and it's a nice, understated lace pattern with a lot of stocking stitch. When I first saw it, I thought it was very nice, and admired it, but figured I'd never actually knit it. But then I saw a post that the designer made on Ravelry, on the "veiled knitters" board, saying that it would make a good warm weather hijab, and my brain went zing! I live in a very diverse neighbourhood (we did that very much on purpose when we bought our house) with a significant Muslim population, and I just know that at some point in the future, one of the people I will want to knit a gift for (teacher of one of my children, mother of a friend of one of my children, girlfriend of one of my children, etc.) will be able to use a handknitted hijab; and I am going to have a fantastic gift idea all ready to go. Genius. So I'm not planning to make this anytime soon, but it's definitely stewing on the backburner, ready to go when needed.
- I thought this was really pretty, stylish and practical, looks fast to knit, and it would make a great gift. Don't know when I'm going to make it, but someday I probably will.
- This looks like a terrific sweater. Basic, simple, great lines, looks like it'd flatter just about every shape...winner.
- 1 Across
- DD1 really likes this and asked me to make her one.
- I like the construction of this. I don't know if I'll ever make it, but I think it's neat.
- Girl Friday
- If I were a knitter who made most of her projects for herself, this would probably already be on my needles! I like it. It'll probably be years before I get around to making it, but I like it.
- This one intrigues me. I'm not sure how it would look on a smaller person like me, but I suspect it would be very nice, so I might well want to make it for myself at some point.
- Mi Escuelita
- I cast it on today. I'm making it as a winter holiday gift for the younger daughter of our daycare provider. I'm using Emu Superwash DK in royal purple from the stash...
...and it's going to look STUNNING on her. DD1 concurs that it's a great gift idea for this girl, and also really wants one for herself. Big hit. Nice job, Rosi!