- Larry's Cabled Cashmere Pullover for DH
- Okay, I've been playing around with Photoshop to try and figure out how best to incorporate the navy with the steel blue, so that I don't run out of steel blue when I re-do the sweater in the next size up. Here is the picture of the completed sweater from the book, in a colour vaguely similar to the blue I'm using:
And here are the different applications of navy that I've come up with:
There's also a fifth option, which is actually my favourite, but I don't think I have enough navy to pull it off:
So, dear readers, tell me...which of these possibilities do you like best? I know which one is my preference, but I'm putting the question out there to you guys because I'd like a second opinion and I can't ask my husband, obviously.
- Rainbow lace blanket
- And on and on and on I go. I've finished 34 pattern repeats.
- Dress socks #2 for DH
- I hustled on this over the past few days and am now ready to start the toe for Wednesday's sock class! DH tried it on for me so I could confirm this. And after seeing the length of his toenails, I threatened to withhold any future handknitted socks until he could start trimming them on a regular basis. I swear, the length of them is actually frightening.
- Mitred baby blanket
- I decided to go with another baby blanket as the second gift for the double baby shower I'm going to at the end of August. So I plugged some texture and cable motifs into my plan for a mitred baby blanket, and - tadah! A pattern. This morning I cast on (provisionally) and got going. I think it'll look nice.
(I couldn't resist.)