Well, first of all, I finally got off my duff and created a separate blog for all my individual projects. (This is something I've been wanting to do for a while.) After inputting every. single. one. of them into the new blog, I relinked everything in the sidebar. I'm now working on relinking everything in individual blog entries, but that's slow going, so don't hold your breath on that one. I'm expecting this will make the process of adding new blog entries a little easier for me. Plus, the individual project pages now have a very similar template to my main blog, and I can change the template any time without having to edit eighty gazillion files. Joy.
- The Girlfriend Shrug for DD1
- There is progress!
I estimate that I'm about three-quarters done this #*$&@!!!-ing strip of cabling. (Can you tell that it's started to wear on me?) I am particularly dreading the moment when it's done and I proudly lay it out and measure the back, only to confirm that it is indeed way short of being 14" wide and that I will have to cut into the thing and do two additional (but smaller) cable strips.
Repeat to self: It will look lovely when it's done. It will look lovely when it's done...
- The Poncho for DD1
I think it looks spectacular on her. Her colouring suits the yarn perfectly, and all the variegated yarn is now gone. Hooray for stash reduction!
We tossed it over DD1 last night when we were leaving my parents, to keep her warm as we brought her out into the car. Alas, the teeny sewing I'd done on one side to make a closed-up hole for her hands to go through burst open on the first wearing...but this is no big deal. Easy and quick fix.
- Cotton lace shawl
- Work proceeds apace!
I'm on row 60 of 86. Now, this is a circular piece, which means it's ever-widening, so being 70% finished the number of rows isn't really as impressive as it sounds. But I'm definitely getting there and the pattern taking shape is truly lovely. I think the shop (which is having a sale this week, I can't wait to go) will enjoy displaying it.
But I was at an SCA event on Saturday with the girls, and working on the shawl, and someone asked me if I was making a snood. And suddenly, I realised, hey, yeah, I could be! Now, this is truly a doily - I think it's going to come out far too big to be a snood. But I can always make another one in another lace pattern that is the right size - maybe even a lace pattern of my own devising. And in different colours. And maybe DD1 would like a small one for herself. And...and suddenly now I'm a bit obsessed with knitting snoods.
- Larry's Cabled Cashmere Sweater for DH
- I haven't actually done any work on this recently, but it has been on my mind. I've been mulling and mulling, and it is with great reluctance that I think I have to admit that the size I'm making right now is going to be too small for DH. I don't think blocking is going to solve this problem. I think I'm going to have to rip the whole thing out and knit it in the large size. The next question, of course, is whether I'll have enough of the yarn to knit it in the large size. I suspect not. So I really have no idea what I'm going to do, other than complain about it ceaselessly here. Sigh. I suppose the first step will have to be taking out the pieces and evaluating their width with an honest and critical eye.
I'm so not looking forward to this.
- Baby jacket
- At last! Something from The Schedule!
More babies are on their way in my life, and so I am knitting things. I've got a joint baby shower coming up later this summer, so I needed to get going pretty fast. This is a pattern I've been planning to design for some time - it's destined for the book of patterns that I'm hoping to finish someday. Right now I'm working on getting the bottom edge of the jacket just right. I've had a few false starts, but I like the motif I've come up with very much and am determined to make it work!