Friday, July 28, 2006

Fast update

Stornaway sweater for DH
Wednesday evening I went to the Lettuce Knit SnB, and I accomplished this:



Shoulder strap #1!

Arabesque blanket for baby Mendez
This is coming along really well, and got some favourable comments at the SnB, which was nice. I'm now halfway done the body of the blanket. Today I started switching back and forth inconsistently between English and continental knitting on this, and so far I haven't been able to tell (admittedly, I've been a bit too nervous to look too closely, but generally speaking it all looks even, so I'm pleased). Basically I tend to go with whatever seems to be the best with wherever I am in the subway car at the time. ("Best" being a combination of personal comfort and not poking my fellow passengers.) All other things being equal, I go with the 'need for speed' and choose continental.

2 comments:

Carrie K said...

Pic of Arabesque blanket....?

Still coveting DH's sweater. I don't think he'd notice if you sent it to me.

Unknown said...

The sweater looks fantastic!