Thursday, January 26, 2006

Turbo knitting

Lotus Blossom shawl for moi
This lumpy heap is where I am so far...about three-quarters done.


This is what it looks like when you stretch it out:


Pretty!

I cannot believe how fast I'm working through this thing. I cast on six days ago! Clearly, even when there is no knitting stress, I still end up spending tons of time knitting.

It is looking more and more likely that this will end up being the first thing ever that I finish for myself. That makes me very happy, considering how much I like this project.

Christmas gift for MIL
Given my progress on the Lotus Blossom shawl, being able to finish the Garden Shawl for my MIL in seven weeks is looking more and more possible. (Yes, I know it's more fiddly and uses a finer weight of yarn. Leave off, I'm enthusing.) And rachel's encouragement is helping, too. :) (She's also doing a lace shawl. Go see.)

It is looking more and more likely that this will end up being the first thing ever that I finish for myself. That makes me very happy, considering how much I like this project.

Self-patterning socks for moi
I progressed a bit this evening:

1 comment:

rachel said...

You knit much faster than me!! I'm glad you are going to finish something for you - you deserve it, I've been bad at making things for me, but since I discoevered the joy of sox I'm addicted to wearing my home made socks and keep several at least running at all times. Finish the shawl and wear it in joy!