Wednesday, November 23, 2005

O crappy day

Bleargh.

My day started at some ungodly hour of the morning with a brutally stabbing pain in my left eye. I have no idea whence this came, but it hurt. After several futile minutes spent trying to find the torture device that was lodged in my eyeball, I came to the conclusion that whatever it was was in my eyelid and that there wasn't much I was going to be able to do about it. I went back to bed. Fortunately, when I woke up, the eye was feeling much better. Unfortunately, when I woke up, I was exhausted as all hell. Slept past the alarms, missed key elements of the morning routine and got to work fifteen minutes late. Moreover, I struggled to stay awake all day, a feeling which took me back to the lovely (not) days of my first trimester, when my VP was tipped off before anyone else that I was pregnant because, as she said, I had lost my energy.

(And yes, I will be calling up my eye doctor to schedule an appointment. Soon...ish.)

To make matters worse, I brought the wrong knitting to work. I should have brought MIL's Cape Cod sweater, but I discovered this morning that if I did that, I would probably need my 2.25mm circular partway through the day (for the joining of the shoulders). Problem: at the time, my 2.25mm circular was stuck in the many many stitches of my Hillhead project. Since I was running late already, there was no way I could do a needle switcheroo, so that ruled out bringing the Cape Cod project.

What I really wanted to do, of course, was to bring my Persian Tiles shawl project. However, I decided to be good instead and do something more in keeping with The Schedule - so I brought Fafner. About five minutes into the morning commute I realised that bringing Fafner should have meant also bringing the main section of the blanket so that I could make sure I started the corner turn of the edging at the right spot. Naturally, I hadn't. As well, I'm using straights with Fafner, which is limiting on a rush hour commute as sometimes I don't have enough 'elbow room' to knit with them. Augh! So I dozed on the subway ride instead. Longing all the while for my gorgeous alpaca and my beautiful Persian Tiles pattern.

To top it all off, no lovely Lettuce Knit SnB for me tonight. I was so behind on my laundry that there was no way I could take a night off. And to add insult to injury, the extra sandwich I'd put in the office refrigerator yesterday which would have been my supper if I'd gone to the SnB, was mysteriously no longer in the refrigerator when I went to find it today.

Sniff.

Fafner blanket for baby Muth
The edging has crawled forward by only a few inches. Sad.

Persian Tiles shawl for Grandma
I snuck in a few more rows last night after doing my blog entry. I can't wait to get back to it. You know that 'itchy' feeling when you've got a project you can't wait to keep going on? Yeah. That.

Cape Cod sweater for MIL
Tonight I finished off the left neck shaping and started the right neck shaping. I've also pulled my 2.25mm circular out of my Hillhead project (replacing it with something else, of course) so that I have it at the ready once it's time to join the shoulders. Soon! Soon!

No comments: