I took a page from Rock Chick's book and made myself some hang tags:
I like them a lot. They don't look 100% professional, but they are a far cry above the handwritten tags I usually provide. I'm thinking I could get more impressive results if I printed them on photo paper. More experimentation is coming.
- Fafner blanket for baby Muth
- This isn't going so well. My goal is to finish the entire edging and possibly the sewing of the edging to the main section of the blanket by the end of today. Instead, I have this:
- Cape Cod sweater for MIL
- Yesterday I hit the halfway point of the front yoke. This is good. But what is better is that I rewound the skein that was giving me so much tangling trouble. The odd thing is that I wound it into a ball. Yes, a real live, old-fashioned, cats-can't-resist-it, bounces-around-as-you-pull-from it ball of yarn. It turns out that this is the best method (that I've found so far) to prevent tangling on this
#@*$&@!delicate yarn. Who knew. Things are moving much more quickly now.
- Stornaway sweater for BIL
- Yesterday I stopped procastinating and blocked it. Now all that's left to do is wait for it to dry. It is now officially finished, not just sort-of-finished finished. And I like it.
I ended up doing the full soak in Eucalan because I discovered (from trying it on myself - my poor BIL, everyone will have worn this sweater before he gets his hands on it) that even though the alpaca is soft and dreamy, there is still a scratchy quality about it when worn. So hopefully the Eucalan will do the trick to get rid of most of that.
I'm sorry about the quality of the photograph. Both the green and the blue appear to be complex colours for my camcorder to process, and when you combine the two - well. I'm certainly not going to win any photography awards with the shot, but it does prove that the thing is blocking. You'll just have to trust me when I say that it looks terrific in person.