This Saturday I'm going to a baby shower. The knitted baby gift I am planning to give is not done. It's not even almost done. In fact, it's so far away from being done that...well...let's just say that I'm glad I have the week off.
(We will not discuss the details behind why it is not done. Suffice it to say that the date for the shower kind of snuck up on me. I mean really, how can it be almost October 22 already? Isn't it still August? What's up with that?)
Clearly, I need more time.
But, in the tradition of the 'needs meme' that's floating around Blogland (you Google "[your name] needs" and see what you get), there are other things I need. Some of them are quite amusing. Read on.
- To come back.
- Help at work and family.
- Help with Food, T-Shirts and Sponsors
- Your name, address & phone number
- To check her meta tags, page titles, and descriptions.
- To chill out.
- To learn her lessons.
- To make sure she stays away from Civil War era parks.
- The ability to hire or fire Kathleen.
- Atheists to be perceived as evil and inferior otherwise people might think we are.
- Secret Garden cardigan for niece
- Still not done, but very, very close. The shoulder and sleeve seams have been sewn, the sleeves have been sewn in, the collar is done, and many ends inside the cardigan have been snipped. Ain't it purty?
All that's left are the edgings, the button sewings, weaving in a few ends, and the blocking. Home stretch.
- Fair isle romper for baby Marte
- Ah, and now we come to the panic project du jour. (De la semaine, actually, but whatever.) Yesterday it hit me with blinding and horrifying clarity that the baby shower was THIS WEEKEND. With the romper almost barely started. AIEEEEEE!!!
So today I took action. I have decided to try and salvage the fair isle section of the first (screwed-up) version of the back. I placed the stitches right below it on a holder, and then cut and frogged the rest of the back down to the leg join. I am currently working on redoing the back - I think I have about twelve rows to go. Then I'll graft the back to the fair isle portion and save myself a lot of work (and, more importantly, time).
I am hoping fervently to have the back done by this evening. If I reallyreally hustle, I can have both fronts done by the end of tomorrow and then Friday I can focus on the sleeves, neck, and finishing. Yeesh. I'm freaking out just thinking about it.
- Cape Cod sweater for MIL
- Got a few more rows done on this today. I haven't reached my centimetre quota for the day yet, but I have other knitting priorities to attend to.