My knitting vacation is over. Much was accomplished...but unfortunately, much was not accomplished. I had wanted to:
- Finish the fair isle romper
- Block the Stornaway sweater
- Finish the Secret Garden cardigan
- Get 4 pattern motifs done on the Cape Cod sweater
- Get about 70% done on the lacy baby shawl
- See the Yarn Harlot speak at the Downtown Knit Collective
- Catch up on my sleep
- Achieved...but only at the expense of other goals
- Not done - didn't even touch it
- Not done - although I have started the left front edge
- Not done - although the 4th pattern motif is in progress
- Not done - didn't even touch it, and in fact, I'm thinking of frogging and redesigning the whole thing
- Are you kidding?!? There was a romper to finish! I couldn't afford to lose one moment of knitting time!
- See #6
- Carnival Coat for DD
- Yesterday my daughter asked to see "the monsters that aren't scary on the television". (Translation: our Monsters, Inc. DVD.) As we watched, I figured what the heck, DD is fairly well occupied, and I'm in the mood to do some clever fixing. So I brought out this project and fiddled around and created a third buttonhole. It looked great. Then I got DD to try the cardigan on to see how the whole thing fit. It's still too big on her, but the sleeves weren't ridiculously long on her anymore. I figured that by the time she grows into the body, the sleeves will also be more or less the right length, so I decided not to shorten them. And that means that this project is DONE!
back (with a cute little hand in the background)
DD might fit into it by the spring. And if not, then next autumn. I'll post a pic when it happens. I'm looking forward to it - the cardigan looks so great with her colouring. Yay!
- Cape Cod sweater for MIL
- Woefully behind schedule. I'm still working on the fourth pattern motif, even though The Schedule dictates that I should be starting the fifth pattern motif today. Ah, well. I'll try to concentrate on this project this week and see how I do.
- Secret Garden cardigan for niece
- After this morning's commute, I'm close to being halfway done on the left front edging. I expect to complete it before the day is out and maybe even get a fair ways into the right front edging. The end is near!