Tonight I'll be heading over to Lettuce Knit for an SnB! As usual, I'm excited. I have my Stornaway project and my striped socks project, extra food to fend off starvation, and am raring to go.
I was holding out a tiny thread of hope that I would be able to lay my hands on a copy of the Yarn Harlot's latest book for tonight, but even though Barnes and Noble has copies in their warehouse (or at least, I assume they do since the website now promises to ship the book within 24 hours of order placement), they are not in stock at the Indigo near my work. I called to ask. Seven copies have been ordered but it's unknown when they'll arrive. (Can you believe only seven copies, at a major downtown bookstore? They'll be snapped up before I can even get my ass - er, arse - down there.)
But all hope has not yet faded. There is a tiny, wee, ridiculously microscopic chance that Lettuce has copies in stock.
Yes, I live in a dreamworld. Harlot only just got her author's copy a few days ago. The last time she launched a book, there was a twenty day lag between Harlot receiving her author's copy and my own copy reaching my hot little hands. But somehow, this time the interval will only be six days? Yeah.
I shall have to console myself with my first ever ride on a Viva bus, tonight on the way home. Let's hear it for not having to rely on a bus that comes only once an hour. Heck, let's hear it for a bus with tables! How cool is that.
- Fair isle romper for baby Marte
- I got far enough up the back of the romper that I was able to start the fair isle motif. It's coming along well. I'm hoping to be able to finish the whole back by the end of Friday.
- Stornaway sweater for BIL
- Shoulder strap #2 is well underway - over half done. I expect to complete it tonight and get an excellent start on the neck ribbing.
- Striped socks for moi
- Over an inch has been done on the leg portion of sock #1. It's amazing to me that I don't find sock knitting to be ridiculously boring. But no, I can just keep going around...and around...and around...