Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Night on the town

Tonight I'll be heading over to Lettuce Knit for an SnB! As usual, I'm excited. I have my Stornaway project and my striped socks project, extra food to fend off starvation, and am raring to go.

I was holding out a tiny thread of hope that I would be able to lay my hands on a copy of the Yarn Harlot's latest book for tonight, but even though Barnes and Noble has copies in their warehouse (or at least, I assume they do since the website now promises to ship the book within 24 hours of order placement), they are not in stock at the Indigo near my work. I called to ask. Seven copies have been ordered but it's unknown when they'll arrive. (Can you believe only seven copies, at a major downtown bookstore? They'll be snapped up before I can even get my ass - er, arse - down there.)

But all hope has not yet faded. There is a tiny, wee, ridiculously microscopic chance that Lettuce has copies in stock.

Yes, I live in a dreamworld. Harlot only just got her author's copy a few days ago. The last time she launched a book, there was a twenty day lag between Harlot receiving her author's copy and my own copy reaching my hot little hands. But somehow, this time the interval will only be six days? Yeah.

I shall have to console myself with my first ever ride on a Viva bus, tonight on the way home. Let's hear it for not having to rely on a bus that comes only once an hour. Heck, let's hear it for a bus with tables! How cool is that.

Fair isle romper for baby Marte
I got far enough up the back of the romper that I was able to start the fair isle motif. It's coming along well. I'm hoping to be able to finish the whole back by the end of Friday.

Stornaway sweater for BIL
Shoulder strap #2 is well underway - over half done. I expect to complete it tonight and get an excellent start on the neck ribbing.

Striped socks for moi
Over an inch has been done on the leg portion of sock #1. It's amazing to me that I don't find sock knitting to be ridiculously boring. But no, I can just keep going around...and around...and around...

No comments: