Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Peruvian smack

Stornaway sweater for BIL (blue)
"What?" the more perceptive among you may be saying to yourself. "Wasn't she supposed to abandon Stornaway this week and get back to The Schedule, which says she has to get going on her MIL's Cape Cod sweater?"

Well...you're right. I have only one thing to say in my defence:

It's alpaca.

It is mesmerizingly soft and it makes me feel happy. With this stuff around, I fear the Cape Cod sweater has no chance.

(The texture pattern looks much better in person, trust me.)

Hooded jacket for baby Sperling
The hood is now complete. I have just the front borders to knit and then I can start sewing it all together.

If you hate balloons, I apologize. However, I do not have any kind of head-only mannequin in my possession, so this was the closest thing I could find. My other choice was my daughter's Raggedy Anne doll, whose head is extremely flat. I felt the balloon would show off the hood better. Live with it. I have a terrified hatred of shrinking balloons and this one LIVES IN MY HOUSE AND I FREAKIN' HAVE TO TOUCH IT ALL THE TIME JUST BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER LOVES IT.

Ahem. Sorry.

So...if I can take living with this ever-shrinking balloon, surely you can stand just looking at this picture, secure in the knowledge that the balloon is far away from you and is partly covered with a hood anyway. Suck it up. :)

No comments: