Friday, June 03, 2005

Evening of hell

Not much energy in me for blogging today, I'm afraid. Major mess-up on the subway last night, so I had to tell DH to take DD home without me while I took an alternate route...which took a long time. Then DD refused to go to bed. Absolutely refused. Two hours into the battle it became clear that she was coming down with a cold. Finally got her to sleep and her stuffy nose kept waking her up. Finally I took her into the spare bedroom and slept with her. (And when I say I slept, I use the term loosely - the snuffling of DD's poor nose was not too conducive to my getting a good night's sleep.) DD woke up an hour early, completely clogged up, and couldn't get back to sleep. Her nose is running like a drippy faucet. She's exhausted. I'm exhausted. DH is exhausted. DD is at home with DH because she's far too sick and cranky for daycare, and now DH has to accomplish eighty gazillion things today to get us ready for tomorrow's garage sale with a sick toddler to take care of.

AUUUUGGGHHH!!!

Blogging will resume when life stops being so crazed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of child colds. Drippy noses, no sleep, and (if you are my youngest) grotty sleeves. He thinks that hankies are just not necessary - not when you have a sleeve, or a mum's sleeve. Fortunately my other two are more civilised. I hope the recovery is swift and that knitting soon returns to normal.