So I took a look at all the projects I want to complete this year. And, well, um...it's a big list.
- I have about two or three weeks to finish 80% of a baby sweater
- I have three weeks to complete a pair of socks that I only just started
- I have five weeks to complete 55% of a baby blanket
- I have six months to research, design, pattern-test and complete a lacy baby shawl
- I have six months to design, pattern-test and complete a miscellaneous baby project
- I have six months to complete 70% of a baby jacket
- I have seven months to complete two adult sweaters with tiny gauge
- I have seven months to complete a child's cardigan
Whaddya think? Am I doomed? I think I'm doomed.
- Striped socks for DH
- These small pointy needles are killing my fingers. However, the good news is that the final attempt at the pattern actually worked. I blame the pattern for the confusion - the instructions are really murky. But I have persevered and triumphed (for now). Toe is complete and I have about an inch done on the foot. This self-striping thing is pretty darn cool. I like. I will try to sneak a picture of it onto the blog without DH seeing what I'm doing.
- Celtic cable sweater for baby MacDonald
- This was my 'cover' project last night, so whenever DH came upstairs I hid the socks project and picked this one up instead. Not much got done, but I feel very virtuous for having gotten back into this. I suspect I will have to concentrate my efforts on this sweater in the next few weeks, since there will probably be a shower at work in advance of when the baby is actually due, and I'll want the sweater done in time for that.
- Mountain Laurel Counterpane blanket for baby Gelman
- Finished off full hexagon #11 in the car this morning and started work on #12. I'm probably going to ease off on this for a while as I panic-knit on the celtic cable sweater instead.