Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Will I/won't I

Still waffling on whether or not to go to the Lettuce SnB tonight.

Pros
  • My husband is cool with me going
  • I really, really want to go - I'm sure I'll have a great time and meet fun people
  • There will be at least one baby there
  • Sue will be there, and possibly Aven and maybe even Stephanie
  • It's at a yarn shop - no more needs to be said
  • I could probably pick up a much-needed 3mm circular while I'm there
Cons
  • My husband is having a bad mood day and would probably really appreciate having me around this evening
  • I will miss saying goodnight to my girl
  • My dinner will be one lonely little cheese sandwich
  • Laundry backlog

Auuuggghhh! I still don't know.

Vigdis tunic for moi
I kinda fell off the wagon last night. The endless slogging through the Snowdrop project was beginning to wear on me, so I picked this up last night instead. I don't feel guilty, either. The front of Vigdis is now probably about an inch longer.
Snowdrop cloth for DH's aunt
Despite taking a break from this last night, I'm still forging ahead really well - the centre panel is DONE! I'm now back down to fifteen snowdrops running horizontally across the row. Here's what it looked like this morning before I left for work:

My apologies for not being able to show the whole thing - I spread it out on a bed to photograph, and then stood on the bed to take the picture, and, well, I'm just too damn short to 'zoom out' enough to get the whole thing in the shot. :) The huge gaping maw of laddering is unfortunately still there, as you can see, but if you ignore it, I think the whole thing looks really good. It's currently a diamond shape as opposed to a square, but I intend to fix that during the blocking process.

(Updated to remove the table code I originally had - apparently it was messing up some readers' browsers' ability to view the blog.)

No comments: