Tuesday, April 19, 2005

There's some good in everything

Last week when I had my Snowdrop project all stretched out on a conference table undergoing amputation, one of my co-workers (who knits and crochets) came by and exclaimed that she would never be able to do that. She then pointed out an advantage of crochet that I had never thought of before - when you have to rip it back, you only have one stitch to put back on the hook. Isn't that astonishing? I can't imagine. How ridiculously easy. Whereas I, the knitter, had well over two hundred teeny, fine, delicate stitches to place, with great precision, back on my needle. Hm.

(I am still unlikely to take up crochet, though. It's not remotely as interesting as knitting and besides, I pretty much suck at it.)

I got more comments!

Aven, heavens, don't worry about not posting about the launch right away. I don't think it's a prerequisite to being a Harlot fan. :) Besides, I read your blog entry from Sunday and you sound unbelievably busy.

For Sue - yes, I am busy! (Although not compared to Aven.) But in a good way. It was great meeting you too, and thanks for the compliment about my blog! I actually have been thinking for several weeks that I'd like to get out to a Lettuce SnB, but I didn't think this would be the week since that would make two Wednesdays in a row of abandoning my husband and daughter in the evening. But you never know, DH might be cool with that. And I really would adore getting out and hanging with other knitters, especially if there will be babies there. :) I think I will raise the idea this evening and see what transpires.

Snowdrop cloth for DH's aunt
Wow! It seems like every time I turn around, I'm finishing another vertical snowdrop. This is great. I'm now working on the row which will shrink the work down to just one broken-out snowdrop (horizontally) in the centre panel. I can't wait till I get to the point where all the stitches fit on one needle again without scrunching, so that I can lay the whole thing out smoothly and get a really good look at it. No pictures again today, though, sorry - it took me a while to wake up this morning and I had to leave early because I was catching a bus instead of getting driven into the city. And I'd rather not take pictures at night because I've discovered that my camcorder takes way superior shots in natural sunlight. Stay tuned. Pictures are coming, honest.

No comments: