Monday, February 14, 2005

What a tangled web of WIPs I knit

I think I alarmed my husband this morning by suddenly uttering, "Crap!" I had realised that my plan to bring my Spanish Knight project to work today was not going to fly, since we're going to my mom's for dinner tonight and working on her Christmas gift in front of her is not the world's best idea. So I had to think of something else to bring.

(Sorry, I know that's not the most rivetting (sp?) knitting-related story you've ever heard, but it's the only one I have for today. I'm sure something more exciting will come along eventually.)

Cardigan for DD
Brought this to work today. I finished the collar and have started on the body. Doing a raglan sweater top-down is a bit interesting. Not immensely interesting, but still, better than a kick in the pants.
United Way cardigan for Jack Rosatelli
The cardigan now looks like this:

But don't get too excited. The inside still looks like this:

Have I ever mentioned how much I despise sewing in ends? I've worked endlessly (it seems, and no pun intended) on this already and I'm still only about halfway done. I did do a bit of weaving-in-as-I-go when I was knitting the thing, but I got lazy and stopped. Turns out that was an incredibly dumbass thing to do. Oh, well. Stay tuned, because I'm going to be doing a dance of triumph when all the ends are tucked in.
Spanish Knight sweater for Mom
Got a bit more done on this over the weekend. Bottom edging is done, and the cabling has (albeit barely) started. It now looks like this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Love the argyle sweater! That'll be a keeper, long after DD outgrows it.