Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Stunningly good discovery

It dawned on me...doesn't our digital camcorder have the capacity to take still images? With excited hope, I checked the manual.

Why yes, yes, it does.

Is there any chance that the teeny 8MB memory card that the camcorder came with has some space on it to store some photos? Not daring to believe this might be the case, I checked.

Why yes, yes, it does.

Oh. My. Gawd.

I don't NEED a digital camera to take in-progress shots of my knitting!!! Nor do I need to wait for visits to my mom to steal the use of her digital camera! (To say nothing of having to lug my projects over there to be photographed.) I CAN DO IT RIGHT HERE AT HOME.

To think...all this time my blog has been pathetically photo-poor. Now it can be photo-rich!!!

Now granted, the quality of the shots is no great shakes. But it is definitely better than a slap on the belly with a wet fish, and it is with immense pride that I present several new photographs of various WIPs for your viewing interest.

Hillhead slipover for Grandpa
I had a terrible moment yesterday afternoon about four rows in, when I believed that I had, despite doing my very best to make sure I hadn't, twisted the cast-on when I joined the ends in the round. After further investigating, I realised I had done it properly after all and resumed breathing. When the following picture was taken, I was working on row six, and was on my third colour combination. (You can't tell from the photo, but it's true.) Since this photo was taken I've done several more rows. It looks very cool.
Cardigan for DD
No progress, just a photo:
Poncho for moi
No progress, just a photo - aren't the colours gorgeous?
Spanish Knight sweater for Mom
No progress, just a closeup photo:
Stornaway sweater for BIL (blue)
No progress, just a photo:
Persian Tiles afghan for master bedroom
No progress, just a photo. Isn't the pattern awesome?
Elizabeth I sweater for moi
No progress, just a close-up photo:

No comments: