Friday, February 11, 2005

Quivering with antici...pation

2005 is shaping up to be the Year of Cool Book Releases. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is coming out in July, the Yarn Harlot's book is coming out in March...I couldn't take it anymore. I finally broke down and pre-ordered them both. However, Cruel Fate decided to step in. Both Chapters/Indigo and amazon.ca have this nifty deal where you get free shipping on orders of $39 or more. I believe at both sites, my total for pre-ordering these two books came to $38.55. ARGH! (Damn you, online bookseller discount wars, damn you.) So I caved into their fiendish marketing tactic and bought something else. It will be my husband's anniversary present. But I will probably steal it from him and read it first. (My guilt over this is minor - it's an anniversary gift, ergo it should be for both of us. Yes? Yes. Shut up, the logic works.)

And so now my husband will have to live with a wired-for-book-delivery woman for the next month while I go nuts waiting for the knitting book pre-order to come through.

United Way argyle cardigan for Jack Rosatelli
I have even more time to finish this than I thought - Rob is coming back to work the week after next instead of Monday as I assumed he would. However, I'm still hoping to get it off my plate pronto. I'm now on the neck shaping of the left front:

I decided not to bring it with me to work today, because I would probably get to starting the sleeves, and I couldn't be bothered this morning to hunt for a 4mm circular needle. But I expect much progress will be made this weekend.
Spanish Knight sweater for Mom
Brought this to work today. I've gotten several rows done so far this morning, and I've been making sure all along that I have the correct number of stitches.

No comments: