Thursday, February 17, 2005

It's a miniscule world

So I get on the subway this morning and lo and behold, there's a woman crocheting in a seat next to where I was planning to stand. Neat! Then it dawns on me...wait a minute...that's my mom! We figured, what are the odds? Anyway, we had a lovely little ess-n'-bee all the way downtown. Most of the conversation revolved around the wondrous advancements of my kid. :)

In blog news, here's an incredible fact, courtesy of my stats tracking: I am the number one hit on Yahoo! Search for "lewiscraft AND yarn winder" and for "colourway wool soakers". Weird, eh? Actually, I do feel a little bad for the first searcher, who was probably trying to find out if you could buy yarn winders at Lewiscraft. If it helps any, I've never seen' em there. Yarn winders aren't mainstream enough for Lewiscraft, I think. I'd go to your LYS, or order one online - there are even Canadian online vendors who carry them, such as YarnForward and elann.com.

And today is my 4th wedding anniversary. I know this isn't knitting-related information, but, ya know, watch me not care. :) My husband is very possibly the world's sweetest man and even though Life is rough for our family right now, I can honestly say that there is nowhere else I would rather be than in the home we build together.

And now for something less cloying...
Cape Cod sweater for MIL
I've started milling around on eBay lately for the yarn for this project. I know I originally wanted to do this in lilac, but now I'm thinking maybe that wouldn't look so hot on my MIL. I'm instead leaning towards something creamy. There are a few very promising-looking auctions at the moment, so we shall see how it goes.
Carnival Coat for DD
Raglan shaping is complete, and I now have a few inches done on sleeve #1. Unfortunately, in all the nice chatting with my mom this morning I forgot to start decreasing on the latest row, so at lunch I'll have to tink a bit and redo. My mistake is only 23 stitches back, not a big deal. Here's what it looked like this morning before I left the house:
Blanket for baby Gelman
Held my nose and started another sample hexagon last night, with 7mm needles. So far it's very, well, awkward. Also, I seem to have a bit of laddering going on on one side. Bleagh. But I'll keep going and see how the whole thing turns out. So far it doesn't look so great, but then again, none of the hexagons have looked terribly impressive this early in the game:
Stornaway sweater for BIL (blue)
In hunting around for some knitting stuff last night, I happened once again to touch the cone of alpaca yarn. A trancelike state was immediately achieved. My husband, watching me at the time, thought I'd hurt myself or something. Then he realised I was merely communing with alpaca. I believe eyes were rolled. But then about five minutes later he touched the stuff and said, "Hey! This is really soft..." and started stroking it reverently. I HAVE CONVERTED HIM. Muahahahaha.

1 comment:

Violet said...

you do beautiful work! I feel the same as you do, need to have MANY different projects going on at once or I feel like I am missing something! (also helps to keep my interest) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Keep up the beautiful work (hard to pick one, they all look great!)