Monday, January 17, 2005

I had a small blog-related heart attack on Friday shortly after I posted my journal entry for the day. I was updating my project list on the template, and for some reason I lost most of the template code (I suspect this is my fault, but, happily for my ego, I have no proof of that). Fortunately, I had my blog open on another of my computers and was able to copy the source and restore the template. Huge massive phew. Needless to say, I am now backing up my template!

Blanket for baby Gelman
I am pretty much set on doing the Mountain Laurel Crib Counterpane pattern for this baby. But I'm going to change it up slightly - I'm going to use worsted weight instead of the sportweight that the pattern calls for, and I'm not going to make as many pieces to sew together. Even with the thicker yarn, this will probably make the blanket smaller, but since the original pattern produces a 4-foot-by-3-foot blanket, I'm not worried. All of the baby blankets I've made have been much smaller than that. I will be working the pattern in white acrylic, and I expect it will look very sweet.
United Way argyle cardigan for baby Rosatelli
I charted the argyle pattern this weekend and came up with basic instructions. I still have to work out details like the neck and shoulder shaping, which rows to make the buttonholes on, how to shape the collar, etc. But the basics are set out and I think it's going to work really well. Now I just have to buy the yarn and get going.
Spanish Knight sweater for Mom
Got a teeny bit more done on this sweater. The bottom edging is very time-consuming - it includes a fair bit of 1x1 lattice cabling all the way across. Quite brutal in terms of time consumption! Looks very pretty so far, though.
Stornaway sweater for BIL (cream)
IT. IS. DONE. Okay, I got lazy and didn't wash-and-block it this weekend, but the sweater itself is completely knitted, and all the ends have been woven in. This makes me deliriously happy!
Patons sweater for baby Rosatelli
You would think I had never knitted before, the way I'm screwing this pattern up right, left and centre! It's unbelievable. I'm dropping stitches, skipping pattern rows, messing up pattern repeats - it's a nightmare. And the twist of the knife is that this pattern isn't even hard! I really don't know how I'm managing to make all these mistakes. Perhaps I did something to mess up my knitting karma, I don't know. But I can tell you that if Rob doesn't like this sweater, I may lose it on him. :)

No comments: