Friday, January 07, 2005

Hillhead slipover for Grandpa
The Jamieson & Smith wool brokers got back to me with good news! Shipping is 5 pounds 50 pence, and the price per skein is actually 1 pound 10 pence. Moreover, I realised that I miscalculated - I actually need 15 skeins, not 16. So this is looking to be an affordable project. I sent them the breakdown of which colours I need and am waiting to hear back from them about how to send them payment. Now I'm all excited!
Stornaway sweater for BIL (cream)
More sleeve shaping done - about 56 more rows to go on that.
Henry VII sweater for DH
About another inch was done last night on this project. Unfortunately, I'm now a bit nervous that doing all the bobbles in a different colour is going to look dumb. But I will give the pattern several more inches to see how it goes.

No comments: