Thursday, December 23, 2004

I left work early yesterday so I could go buy my daycare provider's Christmas gift. (Although it turned out that I couldn't, because the Lewiscraft I went to had sold out of gift certificates. You can imagine my extreme annoyance.) So there I was, knitting in the mall, killing time, desperately trying to finish off Christmas sweater #2, when a woman comes up to me and compliments my knitting. Her face was very familiar. Turns out she was a teacher at my high school - never my teacher, but a few of my friends had her and I know they thought she was really nice. So we got to chatting about the school and some of her old students, and I explained about the sweater, and it was generally a very pleasant chat. Which we never would have had if I hadn't been knitting! So there you go.

Stornaway sweater for BIL (cream)
Sleeve #1 is DONE! Started sleeve #2 this morning - a futile gesture given how little time there is until Christmas, but hey, knitting is knitting, and the more I can get done, the more impressive the incomplete gift will be.

Not much Christmas stress left, fortunately - I accomplished a lot last night. We have to pack for all the visiting we're going to do this weekend. I have to write and address all our New Year's cards, and pick up the professional photographs to put in them. There's one more gift to put together, and a few to be wrapped. But other than that, we're pretty much done.

Do I sound organized to you?

I didn't think so.

No comments: