Wednesday, December 08, 2004

"Hello", the application which lets me upload image files to Blogger, isn't letting me in from work. I'm not sure why. I haven't tested yet whether I can still log in from home. But the upshot is that this blog is still photo-less. I will fix it. Really!

I am beginning to have very strong pregnancy suspicions about one of my co-workers. Her cubicle is very close to mine and some of the snatches of phone conversation that have drifted over to my ears have been VERY intriguing. Her first child is about 2 1/2, so it would totally make sense for her to want to be pregnant again at this time. Of course I would never come right out and ask - I shall wait for an announcement if one is forthcoming, but I might set aside some time this weekend to hunt for a nice baby pattern for her, just in case.

Catherine Parr sweater for MIL
Sleeves are getting bigger.
Stornaway sweater for BIL (cream)
AUGH! So I've hit a snag. The instructions for the sleeves appear to be wrong. Which is making me doubt my ability to read knitting instructions, because this is a Starmore pattern we're talking about, and I find it unlikely that there would be an error in her stuff. Basically, the instructions for the sleeves are saying that I should be doing the same pattern row twice - which makes no sense and will look dumb. I haven't been able to find any information on the Internet about this, either through Starmore's website or a Google search. So I've asked on the Knitter's Review forum, and will hopefully get an answer. If not, I can always send an email to Starmore asking about it. However, since this sweater has to be finished in 16 days, and since I didn't actually buy the book from their website, I may be SOL there. Fortunately, there are a few potential solutions to this problem which I can implement if I get really desperate. But crap, what a pain to run into this.

No comments: