Saturday, July 29, 2017

So it's been awhile

We're over halfway through the year and this is my first post of 2017? Yikes.

However, there has been a lot of knitting and designing going on to talk about. I'll spread it out over a few posts so this post doesn't explode with volume.

Towards the end of April, issue #73 of Knit Now magazine came out, and I was in it! Meet the 'Delft' beret:

Delft beret image, modelled (back view)
© Practical Publishing Ltd., used with permission
This is a pattern I came up with around November of last year, as the winter holidays approached and I needed to find gift ideas for various people, including my eldest daughter's teacher. Happily, Knit Now put out a submission call for their spring issues at around the same time, and one of the themes was 'pottery'. My mind instantly flew to Delftware, and how I could adapt a plate into a beret, and this pattern was born. Bonus points: it suited the teacher perfectly. I was thrilled, eldest daughter was thrilled, the teacher was thrilled, and, as it turned out, the magazine was thrilled enough to accept the pattern. Wins all round.

Delft beret image (laying flat)

You can still purchase this issue of the magazine in hardcopy format. Electronic formats of the issue can also be purchased, either through iTunes or the Knit Now app for Android phones. I'm also planning to self-publish the pattern around the end of August, meaning that it will be available for individual purchase from all my usual channels: Ravelry, Etsy, Loveknitting, and Patternfish.

Delft beret image (modelled, side view)

No comments: