Friday, September 12, 2014

A reveal!

So I've been trying for ages to get another blog post together; I've had most of it written for weeks but I'm missing an updated photo of one of the projects I want to talk about. And can I find said project to take the required photograph? Nope. Which is terrible, because I'm fairly sure I've looked everywhere and I'd really like to not have actually LOST 12 balls of a merino/cashmere blend.

At any rate, while I'm looking for that, the opportunity to catch you up on other projects I've been doing over the past few seasons has arisen.

The Winter 2014 issue of the special magazine "knit.purl" (formerly known as knit.wear; they've just changed it and the front cover design for extra fun and appeal) from Interweave Press has just been made available, and now I can talk about the fact that I'm in it!


© Interweave Press

These are "Minaret" mittens, a pattern I designed two winters ago as a holiday gift for our daycare provider. It's inspired by stonework motifs on the the Kalayan Minaret, in Bukhara, Uzbekistan, which is a stunningly beautiful piece of architecture. Legend has it that its beauty was so inspiring that it was the only structure spared by Genghis Khan when he razed the city in the thirteenth century.

I was super proud of this particular design. At the risk of sounding (extremely) conceited, I think it's gorgeous, and have been practically bursting at the seams for almost two years wanting to share it with everybody...and now I CAN! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rediscovering your blog, looking forward to reading past entries.

These mittens are great!
margieinmaryland