Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Wee things

It's been all about the small around here, lately. Co-workers are having babies, and my toddler needs a Christmas gift, and that means knitting!

Firstly, I'm very pleased to say that I finished DD3's Christmas giftie. It came out really nicely, and it was very nice also to get a message from the designer saying that she liked the colours. :) I happen to agree with her:

Completed, front

More photos coming once it's been gifted and I can take shots of it on my kid.

Then, I've got two co-workers with expectant wives. I used one of these impending babies as an excuse to make something which caught my eye in one of the magazine issues I've been in lately, Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2013. It's the Faun Baby Jacket by Meghan Jones, and it's a really sweet, fun, fast and easy pattern:

front:
Completed, front

back:
Completed, back

I think it'll be a hit.

And finally, there's a co-worker on my immediate team whose giftie I had almost finished, but still needed to do an icord drawstring for. Which of course I put off as long as possible because, well, it's an icord drawstring! Fortunately though, it didn't take long, because his wife is having health issues and they expect this baby to come early. No worries about that on the knitting front, however, because this thing is dunzo:

front:
Completed, back

back:
Completed, back

And finally, a gratuitous shot of my kids on Hallowe'en night:

2013-10-31

Next: back to the big!

No comments: