Monday, July 22, 2013

Double the cute

Hot on the heels of my last pattern reveal, I have another one - Knit Now Issue #24 has been released, and I'm in it! In fact, my pattern is in a small inset on the cover! (That's a first!)

The pattern is called Pysanka, and it's a double-knitted (reversible) baby bib, inspired by the patterns on a Ukrainian painted wooden egg that I've had since forever. I did up the original prototype when DD3 was a few months old:

Completed, 'in action', light side

Completed, 'in action', dark side

(SO CUTE. I WANT TO GO BACK IN TIME AND NIBBLE HER.)

:::ahem::: Anyhoo, what was I saying? Oh, yes, right - prototype. I sent it off to KnitCircus, which unfortunately stepped back from the magazine side of things partway through the selection process, and my pattern was released back to me. So I sat on it for a good long while, and finally sent it to Knit Now, where it was - happily - accepted! They sent me two colours of Rico Design Essentials Cotton DK to do the sample in, and I think it came out great:

Completed, 'in action', dark side

Completed, 'in action', light side

I hope you like it, too!

No comments: