Saturday, April 20, 2013

Socks

So, in other project news, I finished off my first 'Starry Night' sock:

In progress, 2013-04-09

But then I realised DH's birthday was coming in two months, so I thought I'd get a jump on his present:

In progress, 2013-04-09
(sock #2 has been started since this shot was taken)

I just love the way this stuff stripes up. It's the unfortunately-discontinued Regia "Twin Color" yarn, in the colourway "Paul Color" (#07317). Solid, thick colour striping. The transition between the stripes is intentionally fuzzy, which I'm not a huge fan of (in this colourway, I think it would look better with crisp, clean demarcations), but I still like it a lot a lot.

Currently I'm storing the sock project for DH underneath my Starry Nights sock project in the same project bag, in the hopes that DH won't notice it at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that heel - I know you published that pattern in Knitty, but the name escapes me now. I started to knit a sample with worsted wool and US 6 needles so that I could see what I'm doing....

Keja said...

So the Starry Night yarn, what do you think of it (in terms of feel and washability) now that it's done? One of the ladies at Lettuce Knit suggested I didn't use that yarn for socks because it wasn't very durable....