Saturday, December 15, 2012

The worst reason to frog

Last weekend, even though the holiday knitting wasn't (and isn't) all finished yet, I could resist no longer and cast on for the Summer Pelisse for my co-worker who was expecting twins (one boy, one girl). The yarn is Stroll Glimmer, from Knit Picks, and it's lovely stuff. I got this far by the end of the weekend:

In progress, 2012-12-15

I came into work on Monday to the news that it was no longer needed - the girl twin hadn't made it.

I'm so gutted for the mum. And then got gutted twenty times over on Friday with the news out of Connecticut.

I don't even have the heart to frog this, actually. I think I'll just put it gently away for the time being. It will also probably be a while before I can work up the courage to do anything about the jacket I was planning to knit for the boy twin. Later. For now, I will concentrate on hoping for good things for the boy twin, the mum's health, and her family.

I think the universe owes us all a better week of news coming up. Way better.

No comments: