Friday, December 07, 2012

More stash and more progress

In my last post I flashed a bit of my latest stash enhancement, but not all. So let me fix that right now.

I also got some "Chroma Fingering", in the "Gossip" colourway:

Knit Picks Chroma Fingering, Gossip

They're from the same dyelot, although they really don't look it. Mind you, it may be that I will find that more vibrant pink you can see on the right ball deeper inside the left ball...and the cream you can see on the left ball deeper inside the right ball. However, if they really are completely different from each other, they're 100g each, so I could just do one pair of socks out of each, so it wouldn't matter if they didn't match. But I'm hoping they do actually match because I'm thinking I might want to do a sweater or a jacket for one of the girls out of them.

Next, we have this lone ball of "Wool of the Andes" in the "Hyacinth" colourway:

Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, Hyacinth

I bought it just in case I decided to keep going with the idea of knitting the Durrow sweater for my husband out of my existing Hyacinth Wool of the Andes, and, if that's what I decided, just in case the amount I already had turned out to be not quite enough. However, since I'm pretty sure that I will be giving DH something different for Christmas and saving the Hyacinth yarn for something else, I think this particular purchase will turn out to have been a little pointless. But that's okay! It's gorgeous and will no doubt find a wonderful use somewhere else. (Possibly for me, as I adore the colour.)

Here is some more of the Stroll Glimmer, this time in "Peacock":

Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer, Peacock

No clue what I'm going to do with it. But it's so preeeeetty! And it was on saaaale!

Also on sale - more Glimmer, in "Frost":

Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer, Frost

Again, no definitive purpose for this one. Although it would probably look marvellous paired with the Peacock. Maybe a hat/mitts/scarf set for DD1? Plus leftovers for other things? Who knows.

Finally, there is a single ball of Swish Worsted in "Green Tea":

Knit Picks Swish Worsted, Green Tea

Unfortunately, the colour is represented horribly in that photo, but it's the same colour name as the Stroll sock yarn I'm doubling up to make DD3's Secret Garden cardigan with...specifically, that's the same Stroll sock yarn that I am totally going to run out of before I can finish DD3's Secret Garden with. I can't buy more Stroll sock yarn in the Green Tea colour, because they've discontinued it, so I did the next best thing and bought a ball of worsted in the same colour.

I haven't compared the Green Tea stroll with this new Green Tea Swish yet to see if they really are the same...frankly, I'm scared to, because I'm very nervous that they will be noticeably different and I will be up s**t's creek for DD3's Christmas gift. But I will have to compare them sooner rather than later, because that cardigan needs to be finished, and I'm rapidly running out of projects I can work on instead of it as an excuse to avoid it.

Why am I rapidly running out of projects I can work on instead of the Secret Garden? Because I keep finishing Christmas knitting, that's why!

DD1's Shetland Shorty, front:

Completed, front


back:

Completed, back

I love it, I'm so pleased, and I just know she's going to be thrilled about it! Hee hee! And once I give it to her for Christmas I'll photograph it actually on her, and in better light, too. It will rock.

I am also almost done the first legwarmer for DD2:

In progress, 2012-12-05

(it's actually a bit longer than that now)

And I'm making excellent headway on the Ellis dress for the new baby of a family friend. No photos of that, sorry, it's the one thing I haven't taken updated shots of yet.

So far, so good! Except...I...still...have to...wrap...it...all. Urg.

No comments: